Monday, September 22, 2008

Shopping tips

Buying something in a shop in OKC will normally involve responding to the following, all delivered in a strong, confident, cheery tone of voice:

‘Hi, how are you today?’
‘Did you find everything you wanted?’
‘That’ll be three dollars fifty cents!’
‘You have a good evening now!’
‘Come back and see us again!’

Buying something in a shop in the UK will normally involve responding to the following, delivered in a monotone murmur:

‘Three fifty please mate.’

4 comments:

Patchwork Dragon said...

"delivered in a monotone murmur:

‘Three fifty please mate.’"

And lucky to get that in my experience lately!!

Tulip said...

I'd love it if i could find something ..here's hoping!

Tulip said...

Sorry, that should have read....I'd love it if I could find something in between!!!

Andrew said...

Depends what mood I'm in too. Sometimes I can deal with the overly-friendly approach better than at other times.