Monday, October 13, 2008

Religious clarification

Just to clarify some recent blogs, I'm not anti-Christian. I'm not formally a member of any church, though I have a Christian heritage, and I incline towards the kind of 'progressive Christianity' espoused by people like John Shelby Spong, and which focuses on love, tolerance, understanding, inclusion, and social awareness, and accepts debate, questioning, and doubt as part of any journey of faith. I'm also happy to respect and learn from the strongly-held beliefs and convictions of anyone, so long as they in turn are willing to respect my own viewpoint. I've even read 'The Purpose-Driven Life' from cover to cover.

That's probably enough of religion. Maybe I should talk about something less controversial instead? How about the weather (in time-honoured British tradition)? It's quite cool, grey and cloudy here in Oklahoma City today - the summer must be at an end.

No comments: