Friday, October 10, 2008

Universities

There are dozens of universities in Oklahoma - I know this because this morning I did a Google trawl looking for people to write to offering my services, such as they are. I drew a line at the Oklahoma Panhandle State University, I'm ashamed to say, though I have written to all four of the Northwestern, Northeastern, Southwestern and Southeastern State Universities, as well as the University of Central Oklahoma, the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma City University, and quite a few others. Against my better judgment, I also wrote to the Oklahoma Baptist and Oklahoma Wesleyan Universities, despite the fact that the strapline of at least one of them was 'The University where Jesus is Lord' and the faculty profiles of the professors each started with at least half a dozen quotations from Scripture.

No comments: