Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Decorative Words


This is (to me) a strange idea - decorative words. I noticed them in Hobby Lobby the other day - you can buy them to put on your wall or mantelpiece. They're very popular here. Words like 'love', 'dreams', 'family', 'faith', 'sickly' (OK, I made the last one up). When I first saw them, I had an enormous and sudden desire to commission some which would suit my British sense of irony - 'doubt', 'annoyance', 'depression', 'cynicism'.

But perhaps after the momentous events of yesterday, such sentiments are misplaced.

2 comments:

Raquel said...

Andrew, you are a bad boy! Just think how it would feel to be in a living room where the words "sickly annoyance" leered down at you from the mantle. Would make you wonder what your friends thought of you, wouldn't it? LOL Raquel

PS -the word verification I got for this message was reers - now that would be a word group to put on your wall!

Andrew said...

Don't tempt me...